Hamburgers are always a delicious meal, and there are many ways to prepare them.
If you are in the mood for a burger, but want to avoid the extra carbs, prepare this delicious burger with an incredible cauliflower bread made with cheese and chives. We assure you that you will be fascinated.
- 2 cups of Cauliflower Bites, for the bread
- 3/4 cups of manchego cheese, for the bread
- 1 egg yolk, for the bread
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, for the bread
- 1 tablespoon of chives, finely chopped
- To the taste of salt and pepper, for the bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter, for the bread
- 6 portobello mushrooms, for hamburger
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow chili, cut into strips, for onions
- 4 tablespoons of sugar, for onions
- 1/2 cups of red wine, for onions
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- To the taste of mayonnaise, to accompany
- To the taste of mustard, to accompany
- To the taste of tomato, cut in slices, to accompany
- To the taste of bell bell pepper, cut in slices, to accompany
- To the taste of lettuce, to accompany
Place the cauliflower bites in a bowl and dehydrate them in the microwave for 5 minutes. Dry with an absorbent paper towel the excess water. Mix in a bowl the cauliflower, the yolk, the cheese and the starch. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and with the help of a ring, place the previous mixture to form the bread, cook 3 minutes on each side. Cool completely and set aside.
For the portobello mushroom, heat a grill to high heat, when it is very hot, place the mushrooms, bathe with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook until soft.
For the caramelized onions, heat a pan with the butter over medium heat, add the red onion, the chili and cook for 2 minutes. Add refined sugar and red wine, cook until liquid is reduced and caramelized. Season to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside.
To assemble the hamburger, spread a cauliflower base with the mayonnaise, another with mustard, place the portobello, the caramelized onions and all the ingredients to accompany. Serve with sweet potato or beet chips and enjoy.
Dehydrate the cauliflower in the microwave to release the moisture and wet the bread.