Onion rings who? Eggplant rings are the best option for a delicious and healthy snack.
Despite the simplicity of the ingredients and their preparation, we will obtain a very rich and tasty dish. It is a snack that you can prepare when you do not have much time to cook. It is a very healthy recipe since it is based on eggplants and they are baked instead of fried, they are just as crunchy and taste exquisite.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup of marinara, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Slice eggplant crosswise into 1/4" rounds. Using the wide end of a pastry tip, cut holes into the center of eggplant rounds to create rings (discard centers).
- In a medium bowl, toss together flour and salt. Dredge eggplant rings in flour.
- Whisk together eggs in a separate bowl, then dunk rings in beaten eggs to coat.
- In a third bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and Parmesan and toss the rings in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place breaded rings on the wire rack on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.