Bagels are certainly great for breakfast, covered with jam, cream cheese, butter or anything you want; but if you want to lose weight or you are eating healthy, or you just are celiac, bagels are not for you. However, we have this gluten-free, healthy-ingredient recipe that works for you.
Bagels, as pancakes, are one of the most common breakfast around the world; but every time we think of them, we know they won’t be good for our health or our diet. That is why we brought you a healthy, gluten-free recipe for you to try.
Low-carb keto sesame bagel
- 3 large Eggs (divided)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, part-skim)
- 1/3 cup Cream Cheese (cubed)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Crack one egg in a small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
- In a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese cubes. Microwave for 90 seconds. Stir mixture. Microwave for 45 more seconds. Stir until combined.
- Add almond flour mixture and remaining 2 eggs. Mix with a rubber spatula and then your hands until well incorporated. If dough cools and becomes unworkable before it comes together, microwave an additional 15-20 seconds and continue mixing.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and portion into a ball.
- Smash the dough ball slightly and then press your finger into the center of each dough ball to make a small hole. Stretch from the small hole in the center to form into a bagel shape. Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of each bagel with the egg wash and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 15 minutes.