Eating healthy and delicious sounds like to opposite concepts. But nothing far from the truth. We bring you this healthy and tasty turkey chili, so you can see they are not opposite.
When you hear the word “Chili”, nothing healthy comes to our minds. But as we become a fit person, we look for ways to be creative and find new combinations with healthy ingredients. And moreover, that are able to please the palate and still nutritious.
Check this recipe we bring, a turkey chili that, when you taste it, you will include it in your regular diet. It is a great source of nutrients, which are essential in your daily life, and especially if you are on a fit exercising program.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips (whole wheat), cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
- Garnish with anything of the toppings you’d like.