Kulfi is to India what Gelato is to Italy. Learn how to prepare this delicious dessert.
Kulfi is a kind of traditional Indian ice cream, made with milk, nuts and spices and can be of different flavors. It is characterized by the crunchy touch of pistachios and crushed almonds. This ice cream is much sweeter and creamier than traditional ice cream since it is not churned.
- 220 ml of milk
- 100 g of condensed milk
- A few branches of saffron
- 30 g of sugar
- 10 g of cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped almonds and pistachios
1. In a small bowl, mix the cornmeal with 20 ml of milk and set aside.
2. In a deep skillet combine the rest of the milk and the condensed milk and heat until boiling.
3. Add the saffron threads and sugar, bring to a boil.
4. Once boiled, add the milk and cornmeal mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and add the almonds.
6. Allow to cool and pour into separate molds or containers and freeze overnight.