This sweet and refreshing dessert will amaze your palate. Keep reading and learn more details.
Kheer is a festive dessert from India and other parts of Asia that combines the flavor of Paan and rice.
• 1/3 cup of basmati rice
• 1 teaspoon of ghee clarified butter
• 4-5 whole green cardamom pods
• 1 liter of whole milk
• 3 large paan leaves
• 2 tablespoons of gulkand rose petal preserve
• 1/4 cup + 4 tablespoons of whole milk
• 3 tablespoons of sugar
• 1-2 tablespoons of nuts
Rose Cashew Crumble
• 4 tablespoons of all purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter melted
• 1 tablespoon of rose syrup
• 2 tablespoons of chopped cashews
1. Soak 1/3 cup basmati rice for 20-30 minutes in enough water. Then drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan over medium heat.
3. Add the rice. Saute for 1-2 minutes along with green cardamoms.
4. Add in 1 liter milk and stir. Let it come to a boil on medium high heat.
5. In the meanwhile make puree paan leaves along with gulkand and 1/4 cup + 4 tablespoons milk (using a blender) .
6. Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the heat and cook the kheer for around 25 minutes, stirring often.
7. Add the prepared paan puree and sugar.
8. Stir and simmer the kheer for 7-8 more minutes.
9. Add the nuts. Remove pan from heat.
10. To make the rose cashew crumble:
-In a large bowl, mix together flour with sugar and then add melted butter to it. Mix with your hands.
-Preheat the oven to 375F.
-Add rose syrup and the cashews. Mix until it resembles crumbs.
-Transfer the mix to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
-Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Once you take it out of oven, let it cool.
11. To serve, drizzle some rose syrup at the bottom of the bowl or glass then fill the glass with the paan kheer. Chill the kheer for few hours.
12. Top with the prepared rose cashew crumble before serving