As a fit person, you have to stay away from fried food or lots of fats. Or if you are not eating meat, vegan recipes are the best, like this one here.
Today, we bring you a perfect combination: vegan, easy baked dish. This Aloo Tikki is perfect for your fitness life, because it combines vegetables and you don’t fry it. If you want to continue your healthy way, you can add this dish to the list. And besides, it is so easy to prepare. Have fun!
Vegan Aloo Tikki
- 2 medium russet potatoes boiled/steamed/microwaved
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1/3 cup onions chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of red chili pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked + cooled potatoes with a fork. Add your seasonings: chili powder, cumin, ginger, garlic powder, red chili pepper, black pepper, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Taste the potato mixture to see if it's salted and seasoned enough to your liking.
- Next, add the chopped onions, bell pepper, and peas. Mix well. Add the flour and mix well. Next, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make sure your hands are completely dry and dust them with flour for easier handling. If the potato mixture is too sticky or wet, add a bit more flour.