Tempura recipes are always more delicious. Have you tried Korean-style cauliflowers?
Are you a Korean food lover? This recipe is for you. If you follow a vegetarian diet, no problem, the base of this dish is cauliflower! Mixed with the seasonings and that delicious sauce, it enhances its flavor and you will have a very healthy new culinary experience. You can apply this recipe with any vegetable of your choice and thus vary the flavors.
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of ice water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup of Korean garlic-chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
- Add ice water, egg, and 1 teaspoon of salt, and stir to combine. The batter should be thin.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about ¼" vegetable oil until oil is shimmering.
- Toss cauliflower in batter until fully coated. Working in batches, add cauliflower, and cook until golden on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels and season with more salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic-chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger.
- Toss fried cauliflower in the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.