Since making homemade donuts is easier than you think, we leave you with this recipe for lemon pie donuts. These donuts are an excellent option to enjoy in a different way the flavor of the lemon pie and the homemade bread.
You can make the dough a day before, ferment it (that is, let it rest), punch it (take out the air) and keep it in the refrigerator so that it has a good consistency to form the doughnuts. It is important not to over-ferment the dough, since, when frying, the excess air can open the doughnuts.
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, for the dough
- 1 cup cookie, ground for dough
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder, for the dough
- 1 teaspoon of salt, for the dough
- 3/4 cups of sugar, for the dough
- Lemon peel, for the dough
- 1/2 cups of condensed milk, for the dough
- 3/4 cups of whole milk, for the dough
- 4 eggs, for the dough
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, for the glaze
- Lemon peel, for decoration
- Cookies, chopped, for decoration
Mix in a bowl or blender the flour, the ground cookie, the yeast, the salt, the sugar and the grated lemon peel. Add the condensed milk, the whole milk and the egg. Knead until the ingredients are well incorporated, add the butter little by little until it is well incorporated.
Transfer the mixture to a greased container and cover. Let the dough rest for an hour, until it doubles in size, punch the dough to remove the air and stretch it with a thickness of 1.5 cm to form the doughnuts. Cut them and rest again for 30 minutes, until they double their size.
Fry the doughnuts in oil and remove excess fat. Allow to cool.
For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and the lemon juice until you get a semi-liquid consistency. Cover half of the doughnut with the icing and then sprinkle chopped cookie and lemon zest. Let dry for a few minutes and enjoy the donuts with a drink.
Decorate with lemon peel and chopped cookie.