Prepare a different salad, with this recipe of lentils with beets and goat cheese. Follow this step by step that we bring you here and you will also learn how to make a fine herb vinaigrette easily in the blender.
Besides being a healthy, low-fat recipe that will fill you with energy, it is perfect for people who do not eat meat or for Lent. Lentils give you iron, potassium and zinc, and are a great source of vegetable protein.
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 1/2 cups of cilantro, for the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon of oregano, for the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon of thyme, for the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon of honey, for the vinaigrette
- 3/4 cups of olive oil, for the vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons apple vinegar, for the vinaigrette
- Salt to taste, for the vinaigrette
- Pepper to taste, for the vinaigrette
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of lettuce
- 1 cup of beets
- 1/2 cups of goat cheese
- 1 cup of bell pepper, colored
In a pot of boiling water, cook the lentils with the salt and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked. Strain and set aside.
For the fine herbs vinaigrette, blend the coriander with the oregano, thyme, honey, olive oil, apple vinegar, salt and pepper. Reserve.
Mix in a salad bowl the spinach, lettuce, beet, goat cheese, colored peppers and lentils. Serve with the fine herb vinaigrette and enjoy.
Lentils are ideal for making stews, soups and are an excellent substitute for animal meat.