Mozzarella sticks are the quintessential party appetizer, they are everyone's favorite for their incredible flavor. They are hot, crisp, and ooze with melted cheese. Dipped in homemade marinara sauce, we think there is no better sandwich than this. Try it!
This mozzarella sticks recipe is very easy to make, it is fun and fresh, the melted cheese creates a harmonious combination with the crunchy and spicy crust of the sticks, the textures are fantastic, to add even more flavor you can add herbs to the mozzarella cheese inside, it will be fresh and taste delicious. The best part is that you can find many flavor combinations with the accompanying sauce, nothing better than a red and exquisite marinara, but with a tartar sauce it also looks great. Try these incredible party snacks!
- 6 mozzarella sticks
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large eggs, well-beaten
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Warm marinara, for serving
- Freeze mozzarella sticks until frozen solid, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bread, preheat the oven to 400° and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set up a breading station: Place panko, eggs, and flour in 3 separate shallow bowls. Season panko generously with salt and pepper.
- Coat frozen mozzarella sticks in flour, then dip in egg, then panko, back in the egg, then back in the panko. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, watching carefully so the cheese doesn’t ooze.
- Serve with a warm marinara sauce for dipping.