Try this recipe for apple and walnut stuffed loin, and accentuate the flavor of this roll with the touch of mustard, which achieves a balance in the flavors and integrates with them perfectly.
This meat roll is a classic but renewed version of the Christmas loin and you will surprise everyone when they try it. You can prepare it at any time of the year for special occasions or simply when you want to share an exquisite meal with your loved ones.
- 2 tablespoons of butter, for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons of flour, for the sauce
- 3 cups of broth, for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mustard, for the sauce
- 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary, chopped, for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pork loin, open (2 kg)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, for the filling
- 1 1/2 cups of bacon, chopped, for the filling
- 3 cups of apple, chopped into medium cubes, for the filling
- 2 cups of bread, salted and from the day before, cut into cubes, for the filling
- 1 1/2 cups of walnuts, for the filling
- 1 tablespoon of dry rosemary, chopped, for the filling
- Sweet potato puree, to accompany
- Branches of rosemary, to decorate
For the sauce, heat the butter and the flour in a pot over medium heat, mix until they change color and you get a thick texture, add the broth little by little and move until it thickens, add the mustard, cream, rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. At the end add the butter. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the filling, cook the butter and the bacon in a pot at medium heat, add the apple and wait until it changes color, add the bread and the nut. Cook for 10 minutes until the flavors are integrated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Place the aluminum foil on a tray, spread the loin, fill, roll and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Cut the roll into slices and bathe it with the mustard sauce. Decorate with rosemary branches and accompany with the sweet potato puree.
It is important that you know your oven, since that will determine the cooking time. Uncover the loin a few minutes before taking it out, to brown the surface.