These jam cookies are the best Christmas gift! Full of flavors like apricot and raspberry and many colors, they are delicious to melt in your mouth.
Nothing better to start the Christmas baking season than some jam cookies. The cookies have a delicious melt-in-your-mouth texture and a warm, buttery flavor. They are rich and delicate, with a hint of shine and lots of color from the melty jam. As a bonus, they are so easy to do! This cookie recipe requires only 8 ingredients, and chances are you already have them all on hand. The star ingredient in this recipe is jam, choose your favorite flavor or use a mix. Try it!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, 2 sticks at room temp
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- ½ cup of raspberry and apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until fluffy. Gradually add the flour and mix until combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the dough, roll into balls, and place on the prepared baking sheets. Gently press down to form disks and use your thumb, or the back of a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, to make an indentation in the middle of the cookies. Spoon ½ teaspoon of jam onto each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.