This Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe is hearty, healthy, and full of fresh flavor is an ideal side dish for a light dinner.
If you have a cookout or picnic this weekend, this quinoa salad would be a delicious addition to the menu. It could easily pass as a side dish, but it's so hearty and flavorful that it could also be the main dish. Quinoa is very versatile to cook. It absorbs the flavor incredibly and is delicious. Roasted cherry tomatoes add a rich salty flavor and delicious chewy texture to this salad. Try it!
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 recipe of Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of sliced Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup of mixed basil & mint
- ¾ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 recipe Italian Dressing, plus 2 additional garlic cloves, grated
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinches of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of roasted chickpeas
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, roasted tomatoes, arugula, cucumbers, herbs, feta, olives, onion, and pine nuts.
- Toss to combine, then drizzle with the dressing and toss again. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and a few pinches of red pepper flakes, and toss again. Top with the roasted chickpeas and serve.