Learn how to make boiled eggs with a soft yolk for any meal. Top them on toast or grain bowls, or sprinkle them with salt and enjoy them on their own.
The tender white, liquid yolk is the best combination in the world. It takes minutes, requires 1 ingredient, and is an easy way to add protein and healthy fats to just about anything. They can complete a salad or turn toast into a meal. It is an absurdly easy and very delicious recipe, who doesn't like it? In this recipe, you will learn the secret to prepare soft-boiled eggs with perfectly cooked whites and sticky jam yolks to enjoy quickly and easily!
- 2 to 4 large eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and heat to a gentle simmer, just below boiling. Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower the eggs into the water and let simmer for 7 minutes. Set a bowl of ice water nearby.
- Remove and chill immediately in the ice water for 3 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cool, tap the bottom of each egg to crack off a little bit of the shell.
- Take a small spoon and carefully slide it in and around the egg to loosen and remove it from the shell. This takes a little bit of practice to get exactly right. If your first eggs aren’t perfect, it’s ok. They’ll still be delicious!
- Season eggs with salt and pepper, to taste.