Give your burger a special touch with these burger burns!
They're soft, puffy, and surprisingly simple to make, learn how to make it.
• 3/4 cup of warm water
• 2 + 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
• 1/4 cup of sugar
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
• 1 + 1/4 teaspoons of sea salt
• 2 tablespoons of room temperature butter
• 2 eggs
• sesame sedes (for sprinkling)
1. In a small bowl, combine the water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon of the sugar, and proof for 5 minutes. (For dough).
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the flours and salt. Mix briefly to combine the flours, then add the remaining sugar, butter, egg, and the yeast mixture.
3. Mix on medium-low speed for 5 to 7 minutes, until the dough is smooth.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and knead to form into a ball and place into a large bowl.
5. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
7. Form each piece into a ball.
8. Place onto the baking sheet . Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
9. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
10. Uncover and bake 15 - 18 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden brown.
11. At the 13 minute mark, brush with the egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and return to the oven.
12. Let cool.