If you enjoy living a healthy lifestyle, and you want to try something new like a Mediterranean dish, try this one we bring today.
You will love this salad. This recipe today is a Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, totally healthy and completely tasty. If you are living the good healthy lifestyle, this salad is perfect for you. So, we invite you to add it to your list of meal and enjoy eating it!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 2 large tomatoes, diced to 1/2"
- 4 persian cucumbers, diced to 1/2"
- 1 yellow bell peper, diced to 1/2"
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced to 1/2"
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Drain the chickpeas, transfer to a strainer, then rinse under cool running water until the water runs clean from the strainer.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas with the lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, and salt. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl and transfer to the fridge. Marinate at least 15 minutes and up to an hour.
- While the chickpeas marinate, dice the vegetables and chop the fresh herbs.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, mint, and parsley to the marinated chickpeas and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt, pepper, or lemon juice if needed until the flavor pops.
- Serve immediately with fresh pita. If time permits, chill for 30 minutes, then serve. Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.