When you prepare a meal based on the Mediterranean diet, you will start enjoying its benefits. We give you here a recipe that you will have fun preparing it.
A Mediterranean diet is not really a diet, it is a way of living. When you start eating well, having a healthy lifestyle, it becomes that, a lifestyle. There are several meals that you can prepare based on Mediterranean diet. But today, we show you one. Have fun!
Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
- 8oz/ 250g salmon filet
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 2/3 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- handful basil leaves
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 10 olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp hummus or
- low carb hummus
- Rub the salmon with the dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1 clove garlic. Let it sit like that for a few minutes while you're making the broccoli and the salad.
- For the salad chop the cabbage and massage it in a bowl with the lemon juice. Then add the lettuce, basil, olive oil, feta cheese and 1 clove of minced garlic. Mix everything well together and add salt and pepper if needed. I didn't need to do it, because the feta was very salty. You can also make the hummus, if you haven't made or bought any.
- For the broccoli, I chopped the florets and stirred them for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Then I turned off the heat and covered with a lid for a few minutes.
- After that, I took out the broccoli and added the salmon to the same pan, because I don't want to wash 3 pans for one meal. I cooked it at medium/medium high and covered with a lid, flipping half-way through. Now, you can use whole salmon filets, I had cut mine into a few chunks as you can see in the pictures. After 6-7 minutes the salmon is ready and you can start arranging the bowl.
- At the bottom, we put the salad, then add the olives, hummus, broccoli and in the middle the salmon. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy. This recipe makes 2 servings.