This Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe is healthy, and packed with fresh flavor, perfect for any occasion. Serve it as a side dish or enjoy it alone as a meal, it will leave you satisfied and without heaviness for hours.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is ideal if you have a cookout or picnic it is practical and would really make a delicious addition to the menu. It could easily pass as a side dish, but it's so filling and flavorful that it could be the main event too. And if you have leftovers, better for you, as this quinoa salad keeps well if you make it ahead of time, making it a great recipe for healthy meals during the week. Lots of veggies and herbs pack it with fresh flavor, and a simple Italian dressing makes it nice and bright. It is so easy to make that it will not be difficult for you to repeat this recipe frequently.
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup of mixed basil and mint
- ¾ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- ⅓ cup of toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinches of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of roasted chickpeas
- Your favorite dressing
1. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, roasted tomatoes, arugula, cucumbers, herbs, feta, olives, onion, and pine nuts.
2. Toss to combine, then drizzle with the dressing and toss again.
3. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and a few pinches of red pepper flakes, and toss again.
4. Top with the roasted chickpeas and serve.