If you are an eggplant lover ... this recipe is for you.
The eggplant is lucky, since many gastronomic cultures prepare it with class and this plate proves it:
- A little bit of olive oil
- Chopped scallions
- Sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of white or yellow miso paste (for the glaze)
- ¼ cup of mirin (for the glaze)
- ¼ cup of organic cane sugar (for the glaze)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice your eggplant in half, arrange on a baking sheet and gently score the surface of the flesh.
3. Add olive oil and pre-bake your eggplant for a 8 minutes until the flesh starts to become tender.
4. Remove the eggplants from the oven and turn it to broil.
5. Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine the miso, mirin and sugar and bring to a gentle simmer. Whisk continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the glaze starts to thicken. Remove from heat and let it cool.
6. Brush the glaze onto the eggplant.
7. Broil until brown & bubbling.
8. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.