Is there anything more refreshing than a fresh, creamy, silky, no-bake cheesecake? If you love no-bake desserts that are easily prepared, you've found the ideal recipe!
This caramel tart consists of two main components: the rich caramel filling and that decadent crust. That mile-high buttery treat is a buttery crust. Naturally, the most beautiful combination for shortbread crust is caramel. They are essentially the same flavor with a very different texture. When eaten together, it is nothing short of spectacular. This recipe is very easy to prepare, the most important point is the cream since it is the center of attention. Really the flavors and textures adapt very well and its flavor is unique and unmatched. If you want you can add nuts to the topping to give it crunchy touch. Learn to prepare it and surprise everyone!
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies, reserve 1 tablespoon for sprinkling over top of the pie
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 16 ounces (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel dessert topping
- 1 tbsp. McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Whipped topping optional
Mix all shortbread crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. After it is well combined, press into the bottom and barely up sides of an 8-inch pie plate. (Can use a 9-inch, the crust will be thinner) Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, caramel topping, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in heavy cream just until blended.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Spoon mixture into crust.
- Add whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with additional caramel topping and sprinkle with shortbread crumbs.