This watermelon margarita recipe is the best drink you'll ever make: a simple, colorful, and delicious cocktail. With no added sweeteners and only 5 ingredients, it's healthy and perfect for any occasion.
There is no better way to start the weekend than with this watermelon margarita recipe. It is very easy to make especially because no shaker is required, its color is vibrant and transmits fun. Thanks to the watermelon, it is naturally sweet and plenty of lime juice gives it a delicious acidic background finish, which is an incredible contrast. It's a fun cocktail to enjoy on its own, but if you want to take this watermelon margarita to the next level, serve it with tortilla chips, guacamole, and your favorite salsa. Unlike a classic margarita, which includes simple syrup and an orange liqueur like triple sec, this watermelon margarita recipe uses 3 key ingredients: lime juice, tequila, and fresh watermelon. It's crazy, its explosion of flavors is delicious and refreshing!
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 5 cups cut watermelon
- ½ cup lime juice, plus 4 sliced lime rounds for garnish
- Handfuls of ice
- Sea salt for glass rims, optional
- Combine the tequila and half of the jalapeño slices, if using. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes to infuse. (If you're not using the jalapeño, skip this step and proceed with the recipe).
- In a blender, combine the watermelon with the lime juice and a handful of ice, and blend until smooth.
- Salt the rim of 4 glasses, if desired, and fill each with ice. Pour the watermelon lime juice into the glasses and stir 2 tablespoons of tequila into each glass. Garnish with the lime rounds.