This homemade French onion sauce is a thousand times better than any store-bought. Creamy, tangy, and full of umami flavor, it will surely fade in minutes with the first bite, you won't stop eating it!
Nothing better than delicious and healthy snacks for the Christmas holidays, this recipe for French onion dip with rustic potatoes is the best option! This onion dip is a real treat, prepare and eat it. You will really enjoy savoring every bite of the creamy sauce with the salty fries. This recipe is much healthier than traditional salsa, but it's just as addictive and even more delicious. It's creamy, tangy, and packed with rich umami flavor. It goes perfectly with potatoes and even better: it goes with everything. Add it to any recipe, it is incredible with some turkey or a good sandwich.
- 1 recipe Cashew Sour Cream
- 1/2 packed cup chopped Caramelized Onions, chilled or at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Potato chips, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together the cashew sour cream, caramelized onions, onion powder, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- Top the chilled dip with the chives and serve with potato chips.