This creamy mashed cauliflower recipe is an easy, healthy, and delicious side dish. Try it!
Mashed Cauliflower is prepared very similar to mashed potatoes. To enhance its flavor you can add nutmeg, it combines very well with cauliflower. It is a simple and very delicious recipe. Cauliflower puree is very healthy as it provides few calories and is based on this incredible vegetable. An ordinary meal can become extraordinary.When it comes to eating, we always try to eat in a healthy and balanced way, although it is common that we do not always achieve the perfect combination between healthy and delicious.
But do not worry! Well, low-carbohydrate dishes can be just as and even more delicious than those that contain a large amount of this macronutrient. In case you didn't know, cauliflower is used as a substitute for rice, mashed potatoes, and even pasta. This vegetable has the advantage of acquiring the consistency you want. And, its strong and characteristic flavor will be neutralized depending on which other foods combine it.
And hey! The trick to getting a cauliflower puree with a good consistency is to add just the right amount of liquid because if you add more than necessary it will be very watery.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, 2 pounds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or vegan butter
- 7 cloves roasted garlic
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives, for garnish, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes until knife-tender. Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Puree the cauliflower with butter, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Season to taste and garnish with chives, if desired.