The simplest and healthiest weekday dinner for this season. Spiced roasted sweet potato stuffing with zucchini, avocado and a delicious yogurt harissa sauce.
Tortillas can be an easy, quick, and healthy meal. This recipe is incredible because the flavors contrast perfectly, the avocado adds creaminess and the zucchini deepens the flavors, it is a recipe with a light and juicy filling but above all healthy. You can add more ingredients and prepare various tortillas. It is fun and delicious.
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried harissa spice (see note below)
- 2 pitas, sliced in half
- 1 small avocado, diced
- A few salad greens
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: a few pickled onions, sprinkle of hemp seeds, red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried harissa spice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Toss chopped sweet potato cubes and arrange on a baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss with a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast until golden brown (25-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, chop your zucchini into about 1-inch pieces. Place on a towel to dry out a bit before you roast it.
- Halfway through the sweet potato roasting time, toss zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper and pop it into the oven. Roast the zucchini until golden brown and tender but not mushy (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, stir together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce. Set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes & zucchini from the oven, and toss them together with some of the dried harissa spice.
- Warm pitas, then fill with the veggies, avocado, hemp seeds, and serve the yogurt sauce on the side.
Enjoy your light meal!