If you like to bake and try new flavors, you will love having this homemade pumpkin pie spice in your kitchen. Add a nice flavor to muffins, cakes, and more, try it!
Take advantage when it's pumpkin season and prepare your spices, this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe should have a lot of cinnamon and ginger, with just a little allspice and cloves, to get to the sweet spot. The makeup of store-bought pumpkin spice mixes varies, so the nice thing about making your own is that you know how much of each spice you're using and can even add to your liking. You'll love the balance of spices in the pumpkin pie spice recipe, but if you prefer more of one spice or less of another, feel free to play around with it! Adjust the proportions to create a homemade pumpkin spice mix that you love and repeat every time. Then have fun adding it to baked goods, hot drinks, and anything else you want, it really adds a different and delicious touch to any preparation!
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.
- Use in Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Pie, or any of the suggestions listed in the blog post above.