This is a recipe that is worth a thousand times to make than to buy it made. Matka roti is a Nagpur delicacy. It is also known as Randani or Lambi roti.
Matka roti is made from Lokwan wheat that is grown locally. The flour is mixed with water and kneaded until it is thick and has a consistency of pouring. Kneading the dough can take up to an hour to knead to the required consistency. The dough is fermented until it becomes soft and viscous. It barely takes 30 to 40 seconds to cook roti. It is a really easy recipe that can be accompanied by whatever you like the most, it is light, fresh, and delicious!
- Salt (10 g)
- Wheat flour (500 g)
- Ajwain or caraway seeds (20 g)
- Water (250 g)Oil
- Amount required
How to make it?
- On a work surface, mix the flour with the salt and ajwain seeds.
- Incorporate the water little by little. Knead and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Form small rolls with the dough and then flatten them with the rolling pin.
- Cook in a pan with a little oil.