Delicious and fluffy, coconut cream is a perfect substitute for dairy whipped cream. Use this easy coconut whipped cream recipe to top off your favorite treats the healthy way!
Whipped coconut cream is a substitute for regular whipped cream. It's light, fluffy, and naturally dairy-free, making it the ideal topping for cakes, tarts, crumbs, or any dessert that benefits from a dollop of whipped cream. Making homemade coconut whipped cream is no more complicated than making regular whipped cream, but you must plan as it is essential that you chill your cans in the refrigerator overnight, so this recipe will be much better!
- 2 (13.5-oz) cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2½ tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice, optional, depending on the thickness of your cream
- Scoop the coconut solids that have risen to the top of the can, and spoon it into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Make sure the solids have separated from the coconut water in the can - if it mixes, your coconut cream will not whip.
- Beat the on high speed until it begins to thicken and peaks form.
- Don't over-mix or your cream will soften too much.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest, and mix until combined.
- Chill the cream in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
Note: If your coconut cream is very thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, if desired. If your cream isn't thick enough for the additional liquid, skip the lemon juice.