You will love this simple way of preparing a pretzel cake with chocolate foam jelly, you only need 3 ingredients and chocolate flavored jelly.
Enjoy making this rich dessert with a texture so pleasant that you will surprise anyone who tries it. Remember that the temperature of the ingredients is the base for a correct technique.
- 2 cups of pretzels, salted crackers
- 3 spoonfuls of mascabado sugar, for the base, (45 g)
- 2 teaspoons maple-flavored hot cakes syrup for the base (10 ml)
- 1/2 cups butter, melted, for the base, (125 ml)
- 1 cup evaporated milk, for the chocolate foam, (250 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, sifted, for the chocolate foam, (30 g)
- 1 cup of whole milk, for the chocolate foam, (250 ml)
- 2 sachets of chocolate-flavored gelatin, 120 g each
- 1/2 cups of whole milk, cold, for the chocolate foam, (125 ml)
- 1 cup of whipped cream, for decoration, (250 ml)
- 1/4 cups dark chocolate, semi-bitter, for decoration
- Salted pretzels, for decoration
- Mint, for decoration
For the base of the cake, place the pretzels in a resealable plastic bag and roll them into a crumbly shape. Pour them into a bowl and add the icing sugar, maple syrup and melted butter. Stir until you have a homogeneous and uniform mixture.
In a round cake pan of approximately 25 cm in diameter, place the cookie mixture, with the palm of your hand press all over the base until it is compact and has a firm base. Refrigerate until the base hardens. Set aside.
For the chocolate foam, pour the evaporated milk into a large bowl, add the cocoa powder and mix. Freeze.
Heat whole milk over low heat in a large pot. Pour the chocolate flavored gelatin sachets, move with a balloon whisk until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Afterwards, add the cold whole milk without stopping moving and let it rest for 5 more minutes
Remove the evaporated milk from the freezer, beat with a handheld balloon whisk until the ice crystals formed are broken and a thick mixture is obtained. Add the chocolate gelatine in the form of a thread and mix for 2 more minutes. Pour the mixture over the pretzel mold. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Remove from refrigerator, decorate with whipped cream, dark chocolate, pretzels and mint. Cut into slices.
Decorate with whipped cream, grated dark chocolate, pretzels. Cut into slices. Enjoy cold!
Remember that, when freezing the evaporated milk, it must start to form ice crystals, it is important that there are enough to start beating and continue with the next steps of the elaboration.