You are not in the mood for cooking but you want to continue your keto diet. This recipe is perfect for you. A quick and easy Skillet Sausage and Zucchini.
Either you are in a hurry, or you don’t feel like taking time to cook. But you remember, you need to keep your diet, you can’t eat whatever you find in your fridge, then keep reading and prepare this 20-minute skillet of sausage and zucchini, with other vegetables. Perfect for your healthy diet, and quick to prepare.
20-minute Skillet Sausage and Zucchini
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 4 fully cooked sausages, sliced into circles 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 onion, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add sliced sausage. Sautè, flipping sausage frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until sausage slices have some browning. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to skillet with the zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Stir. Let cook until the onion is translucent and peppers and zucchini are close to tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add sausage back to the skillet along with minced garlic. Stir. Cover so everything heats through for 1 to 2 minutes. Taste. Add extra salt if desired. Garnish with chopped fresh basil (optional).