For an easy and quick recipe, we bring you this carrot cake that will be ready in a few minutes.
Its delicious cream contrasts with the fluffy cake and it is so easy to make. Microwave cakes are the best option for a quick and delicious dessert, the important thing is to know how to prepare it so that it is perfect and enjoy it to the fullest. This carrot mugcake is not only quick but healthy, it has a soft and fluffy texture and the extra touch of cream topping combines so well it will be a hit. You can prepare microwave cake with almost any ingredient, since it cooks very well and is as delicious as in the oven. Try it!
- 2 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mixed spice
- 1/8 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup of coarsely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped glace ginger, plus extra to decora
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed or vegetable oil
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 70g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 25g butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Grease a flat-bottomed ramekin or mug with oil spray.
- Line the base with baking paper.
- Combine the flours, sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and bicarb soda in a bowl. Stir in the carrot, walnuts and ginger.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk and oil.
- Mix until well combined. Spoon into the prepared ramekin or mug.
- Microwave on High for 1 minute 45 seconds or until risen.
- Set aside in the ramekin for 2 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Use a large serrated knife to cut the cake in half horizontally. Spread half the frosting in the middle and top with the remaining cake.
- Top with the remaining frosting and sprinkle with extra ginger.