Spiral zucchini and sweet potatoes replace noodle pasta in this cozy and nutritious vegetable soup that will solve any weekday meal in the best possible way, try it!
This veggie noodle soup is the best option to eat healthy and delicious. It has a unique aroma and flavor. Soup is really a nutritious and practical solution for any occasion, the best part? you can make a large quantity, freeze it and then defrost it when you want to repeat all its flavor, you just have to heat and that's it. After trying this vegetable soup recipe, you won't want to add pasta noodles ever again. The soup is quite simple but delicious: carrots, tomatoes, broth, canned or cooked white beans, chickpeas… and is flavored with generous amounts of rosemary and fresh thyme. (Don't forget to tie the thyme so you can easily remove it before eating.) This recipe will save your cold days.
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs chopped fresh rosemary (about 2 tablespoons)
- 15 to 20 thyme sprigs, tied in a bundle
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 cups of cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, spiralized
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese and/or pesto, (optional for serving)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Stir, and then add the broth, beans, chickpeas, and sweet potato, and zucchini noodles. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Season to taste and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese or dollops of pesto, if desired.