Try this recipe for pan pizza and you will never make pizza in another way, besides being delicious, it is very easy and fast. Thanks to the hot pan, the crust is perfectly golden and crispy. Try it!
Making pizza has never been so easy, take pizza to another level with this easy and fun recipe. Its flavor is of restaurant pizza, crispy, tasty, and fluffy inside. Thanks to the hot skillet, the crust becomes crispy and golden on the outside, while the thick edges remain nice and chewy in the middle. The combination of fresh ingredients such as pesto, roasted red peppers and tomatoes, fresh basil, red onion, artichokes in brine, and spicy plant-based sausage provide a perfect exotic flavor. I recommend you give it a try, but if you prefer, you can change your favorite pizza toppings. Here, the golden brown crispy crust is the star of the show. It will be ready in no time and it will be totally worth it, you will not stop preparing it!
- 1 3-4 ounce plant-based Italian sausage
- 14 ounces from Pizza Dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Scoops of Cashew Cream
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ½ 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, and quartered
- ⅓ cup of roasted red peppers and/or roasted tomatoes
- Dollops of pesto
- Basil leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the plant-based sausage into small pieces. In a small cast-iron skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage pieces until browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Press the pizza dough into a dry 10-inch cast-iron skillet, pressing a thicker rim of dough around the edge to shape the pizza crust. Prick the stretched dough all over with a fork. Heat the skillet on the stove for 2 minutes over medium heat. This helps the bottom of the crust become crispy.
- Remove from the heat and assemble the pizza. Brush the crust with olive oil. Spread a thin layer of cashew cream onto the dough as a base for the toppings, or sprinkle on the grated mozzarella cheese. Top with the red onion, artichokes, red peppers and/or tomatoes, and the sausage pieces. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden brown and cooked through.
- Top with dollops of pesto, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh basil, and red pepper flakes.