Have you ever tried this recipe? We bring you all you need to know to make it.
It’s a dish similar to Italian focaccia but this is a chickpea flatbread and it comes from France.
Socca makes a delicious appetizer, side dish, or light meal.
• 1 cup of chickpea flour
• 1 cup of water
• ¾ tablespoons of olive oil
• ½ teaspoon of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. Preheat a cat-iron skillet.
3. In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour, water, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt and whisk until smooth.
4. Cover and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ¾ tablespoon olive oil, covering the bottom and sides of the pan.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until the socca is well-browned and crisp around the edges.
7. Have fun experimenting with different ways to dress it up: Top it with a drizzle of olive oil and basil or drizzle it with pesto or slather with hummus.