You will not want to buy canned anymore, prepare this recipe for cranberry sauce to accompany all your meals and desserts!
This cranberry sauce recipe is quick and easy to make. It will be ready in about 20 minutes and requires 4 basic ingredients. It has a thick marmalade texture and a bittersweet flavor that is made more complex by the pure maple syrup and orange zest. Fresh or frozen cranberries will work here and you don't need to defrost them completely before you start cooking, the maple syrup adds flavor and sweetens naturally. This cranberry sauce is perfect to dress any meal, from salads to desserts like cheesecake.
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the cranberries, maple syrup, water, orange zest, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often so that the maple syrup doesn’t burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberries burst and the sauce has thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, if desired.