Fresh, light and easy to prepare, salads are essential on fit days. We bring you an original recipe.
If you want to eat healthy and do not want to break your diet, try this incredible salad that will save your cravings!
• 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
• ½ cup of frozen peas, thawed
• A few handfuls of salad greens
• 2 radishes, thinly sliced
• ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
• ½ avocado, pitted and diced
• ¼ cup of chopped, toasted pistachios
• ½ cup of roasted chickpeas
• Fresh herbs
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
• ¼ cup of fresh basil or mint
• 1 small garlic clove
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice + ½ teaspoon zest
• 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Make the dressing: In a blender, pulse together the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
1. Blanch the asparagus for about 1 minute, until tender but still bright green. Transfer to the ice water for 1 minute, then drain.
2. In a bowl, add the peasand asparagus.
3. Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the asparagus and toss to coat.
4. Assemble the salad. Arrange the salad greens on a platter, then layer the asparagus/pea mixture, the radishes, feta, avocado, pistachios, chickpeas, and herbs.
5. Drizzle with remaining dressing, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve.