This recipe has a perfect combination of superfoods so you can bring more benefits to your body. Easy steps and you will enjoy a delicious soup with many nutrients.
We’ve got today a soup with many superfoods like turmeric, avocado, quinoa, and more. You will see how easy it is to prepare and how well it goes with your healthy lifestyle and diet. Besides of all the benefits that they bring to your body. Check it out and bon appetite!
Healing Chicken Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound pasture-raised chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2-inch piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6–8 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 large handful’s fresh baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Fresh herbs like cilantro or mint, to garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the the chicken thighs to the pot and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Cook another 2 minutes. Add the rinsed quinoa and cook for 1 minute, letting the quinoa soak up the flavor. Pour in 6 cups of chicken bone broth, adding more if needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks, then return the chicken back to the pot.
- Turn the heat off and add lemon juice, coconut aminos, and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with fresh herbs like cilantro or mint. Enjoy!