The cheesecake has always been a dessert with a lot of flavor and potential, learn this recipe to prepare it without the need to bake.
The cheesecake as we know it is a creation based on many modifications, its beginnings are in Rome, but the United States took over and perfected this incredible recipe in New York. Oreo cookies are well known for their delicious chocolate flavor combined with sweet cream. The combination of cheese and cookies make an exquisite contrast.
To prepare a cheesecake without the need for an oven, you just have to follow some very simple steps, so you can repeat and perfect this recipe whenever you want.
You can prepare cheesecake with an infinite number of flavors and combinations, just let your palate carry you.
For the crust:
- 24 Oreos
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
For the no-bake cheesecake:
- 16 oz of brick-style cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream
- 15 Oreos, chopped
To make the crust:
- Add the Oreos to a blender and blend until you have fine crumbs.
- Scoop the crumbs into a mixing bowl, then add the melted butter and mix until are of the crumbs are moistened.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan and firmly press it down into one even layer.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling.
To make the cheesecake:
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream in a separate bowl. Start mixing on low speed, then increase the speed to medium-high until the mixture thickens and stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold it in or mix it in on low speed with your mixer until just combined. Then, fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator, scoop the cheesecake filling onto the crust, and carefully spread it around into one even layer.
- Cover tightly and transfer back to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
Note: If you want to add a crunchy touch, crush some Oreos and add them as a topping before refrigerating, it will greatly increase their flavor!