The tropical, rum-based hurricane cocktail is easy to make and sure to get your party started. Try it!
The Hurricane is not a cocktail of subtlety. Its double serving of rum and suite of fruit juices and sweeteners have been packing a punch since the early 1940s. The hurricane is an iconic tropical cocktail that you should know how to make. It is a fun rum-filled drink that includes the captivating pairing of passion fruit and orange juices. While it looks and tastes rather complicated, with a mix of sweet tropical flavors, tart lime, and spiced rum, it is actually quite easy to make.
- 50ml of dark rum
- 50ml of white rum
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50ml of sugar syrup
- 2 teaspoon of grenadine
- 4 cocktail cherries (for garnish)
- 2 orange slices (for garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the rums.
- Scoop the flesh and seeds from the passion fruit and add to the shaker along with the orange and lemon juices, sugar syrup and grenadine.
- Shake well until the outside of the cocktail shaker feels icy cold.
- Fill two hurricane glasses with fresh ice then double strain the drink into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish each one with an orange slice skewered onto a cocktail stick and a couple of cocktail cherries.