These bacon cups are the most exciting food idea you've seen in a long time. Because bacon is the yummiest thing on the planet, I don’t see why we shouldn’t be using it as an edible serving dish. Check this out!
These BLTs skip the bread and put more emphasis on the bacon. We replaced the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to help make them lighter but you can use the traditional mayonnaise or even sour cream if you prefer. This recipe can be prepared as a snack or for a light breakfast without the need for so many ingredients. You can change the salad filling for what you like.
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Invert a muffin tin upside down onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut 8 slices of bacon in half crosswise. Lay two of the halved strips onto an inverted muffin tin cup in the shape of a cross.
- Weave two more half pieces on both sides to create a mini weave. Wrap the entire cup with a whole slice of bacon.
- Bake until crispy, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from tin.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lemon juice and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and lettuce and toss to coat.
- Fill cups with dressed lettuce and tomatoes. Garnish with more chives to serve.