Fajitas are a fun way to serve customizable options for your family or a large party, so learn how to prepare this fantastic and very simple recipe for a different and colorful meal.
Don't you just love foods that only require a few basic ingredients? Well, this chicken fajita recipe is just that. Chicken fajitas are an easy and tasty weeknight meal. A classic Mexican recipe, the juicy chicken is seasoned, seared, and cooked to perfection, then mixed with sauteed peppers and onions, and voila! Chicken fajitas are served with hot tortillas and fantastic toppings like creamy guacamole or sour cream.
While chicken fajitas taste great on their own, toppings can make a difference. From a tablespoon of sour cream to slices of cheese or avocado. The most coveted ingredient that combines perfectly is pico de gallo, have you tried it yet? If you had some leftover chicken fajitas, don't just wrap them in tortillas. You can use butter lettuce to make lettuce wraps for a fitter and healthier option. It is a very versatile and easy recipe, you only need a pan and less than 30 minutes to enjoy this delight!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add the fajitas seasoning ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir together. Then, generously sprinkle it on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to press it into the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts for about 7-8 minutes on each side.
- While your chicken is cooking, cut the bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove it to a plate and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Add the bell peppers and onion to the same skillet over medium heat and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the bell peppers are just about done sauteing, slice the chicken breasts into strips and add the chicken back into the skillet, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and stir everything together.
- Serve immediately with tortillas and extra toppings such as sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole and tortillas.