This banana bread recipe is moist, tender, and packed full of totally gluten-free spiced banana flavor. It's everything and more of what fresh-baked banana bread should be. Try it!
When trying this gluten-free banana bread, you would never guess that it is not made with wheat flour. It's moist, soft, fluffy, and delicious. It is a good idea to start the day served with a coffee or a steaming cup of matcha, it is the perfect treat, sweet but not too sweet to feel satisfied in all aspects. This banana bread recipe contains almond flour which is one of the best ingredients for baking whether you are making a gluten-free recipe or not, it gives this bread an amazing moist texture. This could be a healthy snack that no one would resist, it is easy to make and it smells as good as it looks, let's not talk about the taste, which is wonderful!
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- ½ cup of coconut sugar or regular sugar
- ⅓ cup of extra-virgin olive oil, more for brushing
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1½ tablespoons of rolled oats, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease the short sides of the pan where parchment isn’t touching.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, then fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and oats.
- Bake for 42 to 48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.