It is time to enjoy the avocado in a different presentation than the chopped salad. Do you dare? Prepare this recipe and have fun!
Avocados are perfect for snacks. Therefore, filling them with bruschetta chicken will be one of the best decisions you can make. You don't need to remove the skin completely, it is only for aesthetics. Besides, it facilitates the attack with a fork and knife. This contrast of flavors is perfect: smooth, creamy, juicy, and well seasoned. It's like a chicken salad but so much better. It is easy to prepare and enjoy! Small avocados are ideal for this type of recipe.
- 3 avocados, halved and pits removed
- 1/2 Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 c. cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Thinly sliced basil, for garnish
- Remove skin from avocados then squeeze lemon juice all over to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, tomatoes, red onion, oil, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper
- Spoon mixture into avocados then drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil to serve.