One of the most delicious recipes is, without a doubt, this recipe for sausage patties in tomato sauce. When you prepare the mixture of these patties, make sure you mix well the potato, the sausage and the panela cheese.
If you want to give a better flavor to your sausage patties recipe, you can use hard salted cheese, which is famous for having a peculiar salty taste.
- 1 cup of pork sausage
- 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons epazote, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3/4 cups panela cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cups cornstarch
- 1 egg cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped, for the broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped, for the broth
- 8 tomatoes, in quarters, for the broth
- 3 allspice, for the broth
- 1 cup of chicken broth, for the broth
- 1/4 cups of fresh cilantro, for the broth
- Salt, for the broth
- Crumbled panela cheese, for decoration
- Avocado cut in segments, to decorate
- Fresh coriander, for decoration
In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the pork sausage until it releases the fat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 3 more minutes and add the epazote. Remove and cool.
In a bowl, crush the cooked potatoes very well and add the sausage mixture, the panela cheese, the cornstarch, the egg, the salt and the pepper. Form patties with the help of your hands.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the patties until they are golden on both sides. Drain on hot paper towels and set aside.
For the broth, heat a spoonful of vegetable oil in a pot and cook the onion with the garlic, tomato and allspice until the vegetables are soft. Add the chicken broth, let it boil and cook for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
Blend the previous preparation with the coriander and the salt. Return to cooking for 10 more minutes or until thickened. Serve the patties with a broth mirror and decorate with panela cheese, avocado and fresh coriander.
You can substitute the panela cheese for the hard salted cheese.