Nothing better than a healthy and delicious dish at the same time. The flavor of quinoa with fresh tomatoes and herbs fresh from the oven is deliciously addictive!
This recipe is not only absolutely stunning, but it's also packed with essential amino acids, so it's healthy, nothing to worry about. Light, refreshing, and good for you, it is the perfect accompaniment, you can even eat it as a main dish because it will leave you satisfied in an incredible way. It is very easy to make, and it contains basic ingredients, if the tomatoes are in season then much better. Caprese is a classic, now imagine it baked with a delicious portion of quinoa, it is a paradise made into a recipe and you will have it in your hands. Add your favorite herbs and seasonings for a personal touch and enjoy it 100%.
- 2 c. quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds
- 8 oz. fresh part-skim mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 c. cup packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400° and lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the quinoa in 4 cups of water until tender, 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 to 4 minutes while stirring.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa with the sautéed tomato mixture, then stir in the mozzarella, salt, and pepper and transfer to the pie plate.
- Starting in the center and overlapping them slightly, arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices in a small spiral over the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle basil on top, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and serve.