We are believers that chicken salads would benefit from crispy bacon and this easy version of Keto is real proof. The dressing is spicy and with a few chunks of avocado added it's a perfect chicken salad. Serve it over lettuce or your favorite Keto cloud bread for like never before!
The presentation does it all and this salad on lettuce cups is an incredibly attractive green combination. The flavor of this salad is great with the combination of herbs and dijon mustard is heaven in every bite. Its texture is smooth and creamy, an ideal contrast to the taste of cooked chicken, and the best part is the crunchy and smoky touch of the chopped bacon. This can be a light dinner for any day of the week, easy to make, healthy, ketogenic, and a lot of fun. Try it!
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Butterhead lettuce, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, red wine vinegar, shallot, and celery. Season with oregano, salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Fold in chicken, bacon, and avocado.
- Serve in lettuce cups.