For seafood lovers, this recipe will be The Heaven. It is easy to make and it yields for several servings -because you will surely repeat-
This is a way to taste if you are not very hungry or simply to have something tasty and healthy. These shrimp salad bites can be served on rice cakes or hollowed-out cucumber pieces. Chives, an optional sixth ingredient, enhance the appearance but are not crucial to the flavor.
- 2 teaspoons of dark sesame oil, divided
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 teaspoons of minced peeled ginger
- .13 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha
- 32 (1 1/2-inch) chive pieces (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil; swirl.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes. Add ginger and salt; sauté 2 minutes or until done.
- Cool slightly. Coarsely chop.
- Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- Add shrimp; toss to coat. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of shrimp mixture into each of 16 Chinese soup spoons; top each with 2 chive pieces.