Start your day with some incredible mango and coconut muffins! These muffins are delicious and the best part is that they are 100% vegan for a healthier snack.
The star ingredient in this muffins recipe is mango and it gives these muffins an incredible juicy flavor. They have a fresh flavor of lime, pieces of mango, and coconut flakes, very refreshing, and also its texture is fluffy and smooth. You can add a vegan whipped cream topping to add more creaminess and the contrast will be very tasty. Who said fruit muffins weren't amazing? Try them!
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup of almond milk, at room temperature
- 2 cups of spelt flour (or white/wheat mix)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of cane sugar + 2 tablespoons sugar for the topping
- ¼ cup of melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of finely diced ripe mango
- ½ to ¾ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the ground flaxseed and water and set aside to thicken. Stir the lime juice into the almond milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ½ cup of sugar. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flaxseed mixture, almond milk/lime juice mixture, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the diced mango.
- Evenly divide the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle with the coconut flakes and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to finish cooling.