Vegan recipes don't have to be tasteless, in fact, you can achieve spectacular options, like this recipe for vegan spinach and mushroom thread, which is ideal for sharing.
Prepare this pizza-style vegan dough and form a doughnut, which has no eggs or meat in it. You can give it that fluffy touch with baking powder, which will also help you control the growth of the dough.
- 3 cups of flour, for the dough
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder, for the dough
- 1 tablespoon of salt, for the dough
- 3/4 cups of water, for the dough
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, for the dough
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped, for the dough
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chiles de arbol, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach, cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, filleted
- 1 cup cottage cheese, vegan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melted margarine, for varnishing
- Chili flakes
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a mixer add the flour, the baking powder, the salt, the water, the olive oil and the parsley. Knead with the hook until you get a soft and smooth dough. Rest for 20 minutes.
In a frying pan over medium heat heat the olive oil, fry the onion with the garlic, the chile de árbol. Add the spinach and cook until it releases its juices, add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
Add the vegan cottage cheese and cook for 5 more minutes. Rectify seasoning, remove and cool. On a floured surface extend the dough until it has a thickness of 3 mm, with the help of a circular cover, cut a circumference of 35 cm in diameter. Make cuts in the center with a knife, forming an asterisk.
Add the filling around the cuts and join the ends from end to end, place on an oven tray, varnish with margarine and sprinkle with chili bell pepper and sesame seeds.
Bake for 20 minutes and serve with hummus.
Served on an extended platter, accompanied by hummus.
In addition to making it fluffy, the baking powder helps control the growth of the dough in the oven.