Try this chocolate surprise cake filled with M&M's, it's a fun way to give someone a gift. Besides being perfect to celebrate any occasion, you will enjoy preparing it, because it is incredible.
As a curious fact, a survey carried out by NASA among visitors to its website places chocolate M&M's among the favorite foods of astronauts, followed by Tang powdered juices which, contrary to popular wisdom, were not invented by NASA, but by General Foods, in 1957.
So today we share this recipe with you with these delicious and famous chocolates that create addiction even in outer space.
- 1 1/2 cups of butter, cubed at room temperature, for the cake
- 1 cup of sugar, for the cake
- 6 eggs, for the cake
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, for the cake
- 1 cup of cocoa powder, for the cake
- 2 cups of wheat flour, for the cake
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder, for the cake
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, for the cake
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, for the cake
- 1 cup of milk, for the cake
- 1 cup of semi-bitter chocolate without sugar, melted, for the cake
- 1/2 cups of butter, for the bitumen, at room temperature
- 1/2 cups of vegetable shortening, for the bitumen
- 3/4 cups of cocoa powder, for the bitumen
- 2 cups of powdered sugar, for the bitumen
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, for the bitumen
- 3 tablespoons of milk, for the bitumen
- 2 cups of sugar-free semi-bitter chocolate, melted, for the coating
- 3/4 cups of whipping cream, for the topping
- 3 cups of peanut M&M's
- Milk chocolate M&M's, for decoration
In a mixer with a shovel, beat the butter with the sugar at medium speed until smooth. Lower the speed, add one by one the eggs and the vanilla essence. Add the cocoa powder, the wheat flour, the baking powder and the salt, you can lean on a sieve to sift. Pour the milk and the melted chocolate, incorporate until obtaining a uniform mixture.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Pour the mixture into a greased circular mould with a diameter of 21 centimetres, distributing it. Bake for 50 minutes at 180°C. Afterwards, insert a wooden stick in the center of the cake to ensure it bakes. Remove from oven, cool and remove from mold
In a mixer with a shovel, mix the butter together with the vegetable shortening, the cocoa powder, the powdered sugar, the vanilla essence and the milk until it is completely integrated. You should obtain a manipulable mixture.
To cover, mix the chocolate with the whipping cream in a bowl, heat for 2 mins, in 40 seconds in the microwave until it melts. Place in a bottle and set aside.
Assemble the cake. Cut the centers of two of the cakes with the help of a ring of approximately 10 centimeters in diameter (to obtain a doughnut shape). Place one of the cut cakes as a base, cover with the bitumen on the surface and add the peanut M&M's and milk chocolate M&M's inside the hole you formed. Repeat the same with the second cupcake. Finally cover with the last piece of cake and cover the cake with the rest of the bitumen, smoothing it with the help of a spatula.
Decorate the cake with the chocolate coating, pour it on the edge of the cake, so that the drops fall down the walls of the cake and cover the surface with it. Place an empty milk chocolate M&M's envelope with the help of a wooden stick, decorate with bitumen rosettes and pour milk chocolate M&M's in the center to taste.
Decorate with bitumen and milk chocolate M&M's.
You can use muscovado sugar for the preparation of the cake.